Our twenty years in Internet marketing has taught the SEO Advantage team a lot about innovation, critical thinking and the diverse skill sets needed to succeed in today’s marketplace. As we look to the future, we take nurturing talent very seriously. What better way to do that than with a collegiate scholarship? Show us what you’ve got!
- You must be a U.S. resident or resident alien who is registered at a U.S. college or university.
- Essays must be unique (not submitted elsewhere) and written by the scholarship application signator.
- All submissions should be in English.
- Only one submission per student will be considered.
Scholarship Selection Process
Judges will examine all entries received by the deadline above. The winner will be selected within six weeks of the submission deadline. One winner will be awarded the scholarship amount, and notable entries may be published on the SEO Advantage website. Check will be sent directly to the winner’s college.
Guidelines and tips from the judges
The judges, who read thousands of essays, have provided some key tips that will help you write a high quality essay.
- Answer the question. Submissions that don’t answer the question will be disqualified.
- Plan your essay and think through your point of view. The judges know if you just wing it.
- Reference resources in your essay and include citations.
- Use language that is simple to understand. Think 7th grade reading level.
- Use paragraphs and white space to separate your ideas.
- Come close to the word count requirement. Essays with a count of 50 words below or above the requirement will be disqualified.
- Use a tool like Grammarly to check your work. Free versions are often available.
- Read your essay out loud. If it sounds good to you, it will sound good to the judges.
- Submit your essay as a Word document. Other formats will be disqualified.
Ownership of Entries
All scholarship entries submitted to SEO Advantage, along with all copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights associated with the submission, become the property of SeoAdvantage.com. By submitting the application form, you acknowledge that SEO Advantage will own all rights to publish and promote the content. All entrants also agree that they consent to the use of their name, the school or university they attend, and the use of their likeness (as in a photograph) and prize information.
*The information collected from applicants will not be used to solicit them for business or sold to third-party solicitors.*